Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Beginnings- whether wanted or not

While I realize that life sometimes deals us a crappy hand, I have been reminded this week no matter what comes my way, I still go on. I have been redoing a house (which I hope to be my last) after work everyday which was built in 1978 and has lovely velvet wall paper (I hate wallpaper!). And as frustration was mounting while powerwashing a patio covered in 30 years of grime, it struck me how lucky I was to be able to be powerwashing the patio of a house soon to be mine. It is easy to get weighed down in the muck and to be unhappy about what life deals us, but I believe there is a gift of knowledge gained about ourselves and the realization of inner strength (which is sometimes forgotten) that we can always be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Today...I'm not in the mood for new beginnings. People are on my nerves and I just feel sad. Why does it have to be like that some days???
    it's rainy and yucky and today - I despise my life - LOL
    (Yes - I know I should be thankful for all the joy in my life...blah blah blah.. but today - I just wanna pout! And I thought you would appreciate hearing that!) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and by the way - Congrats on the house! Sounds like lots of fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete