Friday, December 4, 2009

Unconditional Love


I always had pets around as a kid. Once out of college I decided that I needed to be a pet owner so to the pound I went. Two cats and two dogs later, I find it quite interesting how attached I have become to my animals. Is it because I don't have kids? Am I just an animal lover? Or is it the ability to help animals escape from the shelter? The more I think about it it's none of those. They give unconditional love- very simple I guess. My Ginny was diagnosed with glaucoma yesterday and the vet says she would be unable to go through surgery if needed due to her heart condition. Unfortunately my contractor took the emotional brunt of that news (he had bad timing yesterday). But my mother pointed out that Ginny is a fighter- she was abused, starved to bones, battles a heart condition, allergies, blindness and arthritis daily but she is the sweetest soul on Earth. So I will continue to fight for my Ginny as long as she is a happy girl and not suffering. If everyone gave the type of love Ginny gives, what a great world it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment