Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Challenge to You!!

No matter how many things go wrong or don't work out as planned, I just tell myself "It could always be worse."  When I see people on a daily basis who are homeless, who can't pay their bills, who have no one to care for them, who don't have coats, who are taken advantage of, who don't have a sound mind, who are sick and can't afford to see a doctor, who are lost in our system, who don't believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny because their life has been terribly miserable by age five, my problems are minimal.  I challenge everyone reading this to step up and help out any way you can.  Whether that is serving a meal at a shelter, making sure kids have coats, volunteering at an animal shelter, donating your time and not just your money to make sure people are taken care of and NEVER SETTLING to hear "That's just the way it is..." as an answer to some of these problems.  GET INVOLVED!!!  This is my challenge to you- ignorance is not bliss and ignoring problems only allows them to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment