Friday, January 15, 2010

So How Are You?

When you're eight years old the world is your oyster.  Life is good.  No worries really. At eight I was a goof- still am somewhat today.  That goofiness, sense of humor or whatever you want to call it has gotten me through a lot.  It still sustains me. I was asked today if the house was done and then how I was doing.  "Yes," I said to the house and then I paused and really didn't know what to say.  And for those who know me, yes, that is hard to believe. I am in a holding pattern for now.  The realization of a relationship, the finality of a remodel and the big gulp of change being shoved down my throat is too much sometimes.  So I keep going- being thankful for what I have- family, friends, the girls, a career and the intelligence to appreciate all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment